Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Thrifty Moms

To be a mom, means to be a planner.  We are master planners, and as a Mom, I plan for everything.  I plan for two reasons: money and perfection.  I like to know what I have to look forward to, that way I can manage to collect whatever is necessary in small amounts.  Summer is a precious season because that's the only time people have yard sales.  For those thrifty Moms, yard sales are heaven.  Saturday was like Christmas in July at my house.  I had planned a few months ago to get Harper a play kitchen for Christmas.  Call me crazy, but I had already been doing some online shopping and trying to find hot deals at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Toys R Us, and all the "cool" places to get a brand new kitchen set she will probably rarely play with.  Instead, I came across the coolest kitchen set ever at a multiple-family yard sale on Saturday.

HOLY SAVINGS! It's cooler than my real kitchen.
Truth be told, I saw the picture on a friend's Facebook.  I then made my Mom fetch it for me, as I am still out with my foot surgery.  So...it's not perfect, it's missing a few pieces, and it needs a good washing, but REALLY!? It's probably half the price I could have ever gotten this even on sale brand new! Harper will have so much fun "cooking" with me now. 

Now to find play food and a fun shopping cart for her to push around with me at the store.  Yes, I will take a play shopping cart to the store for her to play shop -- how else do you expect me to teach her how to coupon? ; ) That's next on my summer to-do list...learn how to coupon! 

1 comment:

  1. This is so true :) Check out Stacy Makes Cents on fb or here http://www.stacymakescents.com/ she is local, and I actually attended a couponing seminar she did sometime last year! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete