Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July

Happy birthday, America! : ) Harper and I had a relaxed holiday.  We did the All-American dress in red, white and blue, followed by a fireworks show.  I was worried the fireworks would scare Harper, but she sat still and in awe of all the sparkly colors.  The whole time she kept clapping her hands and saying, "OHHH!" It made me so happy to see her so excited.

My favorite shot of the day. : ) 
Despite the rainy weather, we had a great day!  The rain held off just long enough for us to celebrate our freedom.  Even though she doesn't really understand right now, I tried to explain to her what freedom and independence really mean.  I tried to explain to her how our lives would be different had brave men and women not stood up for us many centuries ago; also, we talked about the men and women who continue to be brave soldiers and fight for our country daily.  For each Independence Day to come, I hope to always be able to count our blessings and be thankful for this wonderful celebration of our country.

We are proud to be Americans! : ) Not just on this holiday, but all days!

No comments:

Post a Comment